- 2-Midnight Benchmark for Inpatient Hospital Admissions
- 2-Midnight Rule
This MLN Connects™ National Provider Call provides an overview of the inpatient hospital admission and medical review criteria (also known as the 2-Midnight Rule) that was released on August 2, 2013 in the FY 2014 Inpatient Prospective Payment System/Long-Term Care Hospital final rule (CMS-1599-F). CMS presents case scenarios on the application of the rule to sample medical records. Following the presentation, CMS will address frequently asked questions received from providers.
Important Disclaimer: Physician certification requirements have been modified to apply in fewer inpatient cases. Please see the CY 2015 OPPS final rule (79 FR 66997-66999) for more details.
When: Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: Hospitals, physicians and non-physician practitioners, case managers, medical and specialty societies, and other healthcare professionals.
- Summary of the 2-Midnight Rule
- Case example presentation
- Question and answer session
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS MLN Connects Upcoming Calls registration website.
- Review the frequently asked questions on the HELP page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require services for the hearing impaired, please email your request to email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
More information is available on the Inpatient Hospital Review web page at go.cms.gov/InpatientHospitalReview.