- End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program Payment Year 2016 Final Rule
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
The CMS, Center for Clinical Standards and Quality (CCSQ) hosts an MLN Connects™ National Provider Call (MLN Connects Calls) on the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program (QIP). The ESRD QIP is a pay-for-performance quality program that ties a facility's performance to a payment reduction over the course of a payment year (PY).
This MLN Connects Call focuses on the final rule for operationalizing the ESRD QIP in PY 2016. The final rule was put on display on November 22, 2013 and can be seen at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-12-02/pdf/2013-28451.pdf.
The performance period for PY 2016 will begin on January 1, 2014. Facilities and other stakeholders should take steps to understand the contours of the program.
After the presentation, participants have an opportunity to ask questions.
When: Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: Dialysis clinics and organizations, nephrologists, hospitals with dialysis units, billers/coders and quality improvement experts, and other interested stakeholders.
- ESRD QIP legislative framework and how it fits in with CMS strategies to improve quality
- Changes reflected in the final rule based on public comments
- The final measures, standards, scoring methodology, and payment reduction scale that are applied to the PY 2016 program
- How the PY 2016 program compares to PY 2015
- Where to find additional information about the program
- Question and answer session
A link to the audio recording and written transcript of this call will be posted to this web page in approximately 2 weeks following the call.
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS MLN Connects Upcoming Calls registration website.
- If you need assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also review the frequently asked questions on the registration HELP page.
- If you require services for the hearing impaired, please send an email request to email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
Visit the ESRD QIP web page for more information on the End Stage Renal Disease Quality Improvement Program.