- Open Payments (the Sunshine Act): CMS Registration Overview
- National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payments)
As a physician or teaching hospital, are you aware of Open Payments (the Sunshine Act)? Do you know the differences between Phase 1 and Phase 2 registration for this first Open Payments reporting year? Did you know that registration in the CMS Enterprise Portal is the required first step to be able to review and dispute any of the data reported about you by industry prior to public posting? Do you understand the process for disputing information with industry that you believe to be inaccurate or incomplete? Are you aware that you have a defined number of days to initiate a dispute with industry?
As part of Open Payments, physicians and teaching hospitals should register with CMS to review information about payments or other transfers of value given to them by industry prior to public posting of the data. Physicians and teaching hospitals that choose to participate will initially need to register in the CMS Enterprise Portal (the gateway to the CMS Enterprise Management system) in order to access and review the information submitted about them by industry. As a part of this overall process, registered users will be able to dispute information with industry that they believe to be inaccurate or incomplete.
During this MLN Connects™ National Provider Call, CMS experts give a brief introductory presentation about Open Payments, providing a concise overview of physician and teaching hospital CMS registration phases and the upcoming review and dispute process. This overview will be followed by answers to questions submitted prior to the call and an opportunity for participants to interact with our subject matter experts during a live question and answer session.
When: Thursday, June 12, 2014
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
- Physicians *
- Teaching Hospitals
- Professional Organizations
- Physician Staff
- Other Interested Parties
* For the purposes of Open Payments, a “physician” is any of the following types of professionals that are legally authorized to practice, regardless of whether they are Medicare, Medicaid, or Children's health Insurance Program (CHIP) providers:
- Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Osteopathy
- Doctor of Dentistry
- Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Doctor of Podiatry
- Doctor of Optometry
- Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine
Note: Medical residents are excluded from the definition of physicians for the purpose of this program. More information is available on the Open Payments website.
- Open Payments overview
- Overview of physician and teaching hospital CMS registration phases
- Upcoming review and dispute process
- Answers to submitted questions
- Live Q&A session
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS MLN Connects Upcoming Calls registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request TTY services, please email email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
For more information, please visit the Open Payments website.