- Dialysis Facility Compare: Rollout of Five Star Rating
- Five Star Rating
This MLN Connects™ National Provider Call provides stakeholders with the following:
- Information about the implementation of a Five Star Rating on Dialysis Facility Compare (DFC) in October, 2014
- The methodology used to calculate the rating
- Directions on how to access and preview the rating in the July, 2014 DFC Preview Period reports
CMS is adopting Five Star Ratings across all Medicare.gov Compare websites to help consumers understand the information and make more informed decisions about where to get healthcare. The CMS Center for Clinical Standards and Quality has contracted with the University of Michigan Kidney Epidemiology and Cost Center to develop and implement a Five Star Rating program for dialysis facilities. In October, 2014, CMS will introduce a Five Star Rating on DFC that reflects the overall quality of each dialysis facility. Providers will be able to see their facility's Five Star Rating during the July, 2014 DFC Preview Period.
When: Thursday, July 10, 2014
Time: 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: Dialysis clinics and organizations, nephrologists, End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Networks, hospitals with dialysis units, billers/coders, quality improvement experts, and other interested stakeholders.
- Introduction and roles
- Importance of Five Star Compare Systems
- Description of rating methodology
- Report details
- Maintenance and updates of Five Star Ratings
- Q&A Session
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS MLN Connects Upcoming Calls registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at email@example.com.
- To request TTY services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days before the event.