- National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes: Improved Care Transitions
- Dementia Care in Nursing Homes
During this MLN Connects™ National Provider Call, speakers discuss the role of physician leadership in working with hospitalists to improve care transitions and the importance of open communication between physicians and nurse practitioners across care settings. CMS subject matter experts provide National Partnership updates, share progress of the Focused Dementia Care Survey Pilot, and discuss next steps. A question and answer session will follow the presentation.
The CMS National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing homes was developed to improve dementia care through the use of individualized, comprehensive care approaches. The partnership promotes a systematic process to evaluate each person and identify approaches that are most likely to benefit that individual. The goal of the partnership is to continue to reduce the use of unnecessary antipsychotic medications, as well as other potentially harmful medications in nursing homes and eventually other care settings as well.
When: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: Consumer and advocacy groups, nursing home providers, surveyor community, prescribers, professional associations, and other interested stakeholders.
- Partnership updates
- Successful care transitions: Role of physician leadership and importance of open communication across care settings
- Next steps
A link to the audio recording and written transcript of this call will be posted to this web page in approximately 2 weeks following the call.
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS MLN Connects Upcoming Calls registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request TTY services, please email email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.