- National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes
- Dementia Care in Nursing Homes
During this MLN Connects™ National Provider Call, speakers discuss innovative efforts from State-based Alzheimer’s Association Chapters related to train-the-trainer programs, as well as the implementation of the Comfort First Approach in nursing homes. CMS subject matter experts provide National Partnership updates and discuss next steps for the initiative. A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
The CMS National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing homes was developed to improve dementia care through the use of individualized, comprehensive care approaches. The partnership promotes a systematic process to evaluate each person and identify approaches that are most likely to benefit that individual. The goal of the partnership is to continue to reduce the use of unnecessary antipsychotic medications, as well as other potentially harmful medications in nursing homes and eventually other care settings as well.
When: Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: Consumer and advocacy groups, nursing home providers, surveyor community, prescribers, professional associations, and other interested stakeholders
- Partnership updates
- Innovation through the Alzheimer’s Association - Train the Trainer, Habilitation Therapy and the Comfort First Approach
- Next steps
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS MLN Connects Upcoming Calls registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request TTY services, please email email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information: