- Certifying Patients for the Medicare Home Health Benefit
- Home Health
The CY 2015 Home Health Prospective Payment System final rule finalized a new patient certification requirement for home health agencies beginning January 1, 2015. During this MLN Connects™ National Provider Call, CMS subject matter experts discuss the changes to the Medicare home health benefit, followed by a question and answer session.
When: Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: Physicians who certify patients for the Medicare home health benefit, hospital/Skilled Nursing Facility discharge planners, non-physician practitioners who are allowed to perform Medicare home health face-to-face encounters, and home health agencies.
- Benefit overview
- Patient eligibility
- Certification requirements, including the required face-to-face encounter
- Recertification requirements
- Q&A session
- Slide Presentation [PDF, 372KB]
- Examples [ZIP, 724KB]
- Audio Recording [ZIP, 75MB]
- Written Transcript [PDF, 482KB]
To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registrationwebsite.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at email@example.com.
- To request TTY services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
For more information on the home health benefit, please visit the Home Health Agency Center page.