- IRF PPS: New IRF-PAI Items Effective October 1, 2015
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility
In the FY 2015 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Prospective Payment System (PPS) final rule, CMS finalized two new items on the IRF- Patient Assessment Instrument (PAI), an arthritis attestation item and the therapy information section. This MLN Connects™ National Provider Call focuses on training providers on how to code and complete these new items on the IRF-PAI, which will become effective for IRF discharges occurring on or after October 1, 2015. Additionally, CMS subject matter experts will clarify the signature page requirements.
Prior to the call, participants are encouraged to review the updated IRF-PAI training manual in the “Downloads” section of the IRF-PAI web page. A question and answer session will follow the presentation.
When: Thursday, January 15, 2015
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: IRF providers, industry stakeholders, and other interested parties.
- Arthritis attestation: Item 24A
- Therapy information section: Items O0401 and O0402
- Signature page clarification: Item Z0400A
Slide Presentation [PDF, 276KB]
To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request TTY services, please email email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
For more information, please visit the IRF PPS website.