- National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes and QAPI
- Dementia Care in Nursing Homes
During this MLN Connects™ National Provider Call, CMS subject matter experts provide National Partnership updates and an overview of Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI), as well as a presentation on Adverse Events in nursing homes. Additionally, Advancing Excellence discuss their campaign for quality in America’s nursing homes. A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
The National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes and QAPI are partnering on MLN Connects Calls to broaden discussions related to quality of life, quality of care, and safety issues. The National Partnership was developed to improve dementia care in nursing homes through the use of individualized, comprehensive care approaches to reduce the use of unnecessary antipsychotic medications. QAPI standards expand the level and scope of quality activities to ensure that facilities continuously identify and correct quality deficiencies and sustain performance improvement.
When: Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: Consumer and advocacy groups, nursing home providers, surveyor community, prescribers, professional associations, and other interested stakeholders.
- National Partnership updates
- QAPI overview
- Adverse Events in nursing homes
- Advancing Excellence – Campaign for quality
Slide Presentation [PDF, 2MB]
To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request TTY services, please email email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.