- National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care and QAPI
- Dementia Care in Nursing Homes
When: Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
During this MLN Connects® National Provider Call, CMS subject matter experts provide updates for the National Partnership and Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI). Additionally, a nursing home will discuss steps taken to achieve antipsychotic medication reduction in their facility, and Indiana University will present information about evidence-based dementia care training. A question and answer session follows the presentations.
The National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes and QAPI are partnering on MLN Connects Calls to broaden discussions related to quality of life, quality of care, and safety issues. The National Partnership was developed to improve dementia care in nursing homes through the use of individualized, comprehensive care approaches to reduce the use of unnecessary antipsychotic medications. QAPI standards expand the level and scope of quality activities to ensure that facilities continuously identify and correct quality deficiencies and sustain performance improvement.
- National Partnership and QAPI updates
- Antipsychotic reduction success – The Cedars, Maine
- Evidence-based dementia care training
Target Audience: Consumer and advocacy groups, nursing home providers, surveyor community, prescribers, professional associations, and other interested stakeholders
Slide Presentation [PDF, 363KB]
To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at email@example.com.
- To request TTY services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
For more information, please visit the following websites: National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes, QAPI and Hand in Hand.