- Collecting Data on Global Surgery as Required by MACRA: Listening Session
When: Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Time: 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time
This listening session provides an opportunity for CMS to learn from stakeholders about how to conduct the data collection required under Section 523 of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA). CMS is developing a proposal for implementing these new data collection requirements, including the definition of global periods, sampling approach, mechanisms for data collection, and definition of services furnished within the global period. Stakeholders are encouraged to review Section 523 prior to the session in order to provide input to CMS about how to implement its requirements.
- Mechanisms for capturing the types of services typically furnished during the global period
- Determining the representative sample for the claims-based data collection
- Determining whether CMS should collect data on all surgical services or which services should be sampled
- Potential for designing data collection elements to interface with existing infrastructure used to track follow-up visits within the global period
- Consideration of use of 5% withhold until required information is furnished
Target Audience: Practitioners who furnish surgical services to Medicare beneficiaries, state and national associations that represent these practitioners, integrated delivery systems representatives, coding professionals, and practice managers.
To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.