- IMPACT Act: Connecting Post-Acute Care across the Care Continuum
- Post-Acute Care
When: Thursday, February 04, 2016
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
The Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act of 2014 requires the reporting of standardized patient assessment data by Post-Acute Care (PAC) providers, including skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, and long-term care hospitals. It specifies that data elements must be standardized and interoperable to allow for the exchange and use of data among these PAC and other providers, including common standards and definitions to facilitate coordinated care and improved beneficiary outcomes. During this call, CMS subject matter experts and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT discuss the implications of the IMPACT Act for health information exchange across the care continuum.
For an overview of the IMPACT Act, watch the new MLN Connects video.
- Requirements to standardize and make interoperable post-acute care assessment data elements
- Using and exchanging clinically relevant assessment data for multiple purposes
- Health Information Technology Standards - A Primer
- CMS Data Element Library
- Electronic health information exchange
Target Audience: Providers across the care continuum, including long-term/post-acute care and home and community-based service providers, acute and primary care providers, integrated delivery systems and representatives from other payment models, health IT vendors, and other interested stakeholders.
To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at email@example.com.
- To request TTY services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
For more information, please visit the IMPACT Act website.