- National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care and QAPI Call
- Dementia Care in Nursing Homes
When: Thursday, September 15, 2016
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
This call focuses on effective care transitions between long-term and acute care settings, highlighting transitions that involve residents with dementia. This is critical for residents with dementia, as care transitions can cause heightened anxiety and aggression. Communication should be optimized, as care transitions are high-risk periods for nursing home residents. Additionally, CMS subject matter experts share updates on the progress of the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes and Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI). A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
- Dr. Kevin Biese, University of North Carolina (UNC), Department of Emergency Medicine
- Tammie Stanton, UNC Health Care System
- Kathryn Weigel, Rex Rehabilitation & Nursing Care Center of Apex
- Scott Bartlett, Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments – Area Agency on Aging
- Michele Laughman and Debbie Lyons, CMS
Target Audience: Consumer and advocacy groups, nursing home providers, surveyor community, prescribers, professional associations, and other interested stakeholders.
To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at email@example.com.
- To request TTY services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
For more information, please visit the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes, QAPI, and Hand in Hand webpages.