- Emergency Preparedness Requirements Call
- Emergency Preparedness
When: Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Description: The Emergency Preparedness Requirements final rule established national requirements for Medicare and Medicaid providers. During this call, CMS discusses the new requirements and revisions in the final rule, as well as how to plan for both natural and man-made disasters, while coordinating with other emergency preparedness systems. A question and answer session follows the presentation.
- Provisions of the final rule
- Enforcement process
- Overview of available technical assistance
Target Audience: The final rule applies to 17 categories of providers and suppliers:
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Long-Term Care Facilities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Nursing Facilities
- Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institutions
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities
- Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly
- Transplant Centers
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
- Clinics, Rehabilitation Agencies, and Public Health Agencies as Providers of Outpatient Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology Services
- Community Mental Health Centers
- Organ Procurement Organizations
- Rural Health Clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers
- End-Stage Renal Disease Facilities
- Presentation [PDF, 925KB]
- Audio Recording [ZIP, 19MB]
- Transcript [PDF, 350KB]
- Video Presentation - Opens in a new window
Registration: To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request TTY services, please email email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.