- IMPACT Act: Data Elements and Measure Development Call
- Post-Acute Care
When: Thursday, October 13, 2016
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
During this call, CMS experts discuss how data elements are used in measure development. Find out how information from assessment instruments is used to calculate quality measures. The Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act of 2014 (IMPACT Act) requires the reporting of standardized patient assessment data on quality measures, resource use, and other measures by Post-Acute Care (PAC) providers, including skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, and long-term care hospitals.
- Overview of National Quality Strategy and CMS Quality Strategy
- Why do we have quality measures?
- How do data elements fit within measure development?
- How is provider data used in the development process?
- Example: pressure ulcer measure
- Question and answer/discussion session
Target Audience: PAC providers, healthcare industry professionals, clinicians, researchers, health IT vendors, and other interested stakeholders.
- Slide Presentation [PDF, 458KB]
- Post-Call Presentation Clarification [PDF, 143KB]
- Audio Recording [ZIP, 17MB]
- Written Transcript [PDF, 383KB]
To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request TTY services, please email email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
For more information, visit the IMPACT Act website.