- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program Model Expansion Call
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program
When: Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Description: The CY 2017 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) final rule includes the expansion of the Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) Model beginning January 1, 2018. During this call, CMS experts provide a high-level overview of the finalized policies. Participants should review the rule prior to the call.
The goal of the model expansion is to prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes among Medicare beneficiaries diagnosed with pre-diabetes through a structured behavioral change intervention. MDPP services will be furnished in community and health care settings by coaches that are trained community health workers or health professionals. The rule finalizes aspects of the expansion that will enable organizations new to Medicare to prepare their organizations for enrollment into Medicare as MDPP suppliers. Subsequent rulemaking in 2017 will propose additional policies. Visit the MDPP webpage for more information about the model.
- Overview of MDPP policies finalized in CY 2017 Medicare PFS
- What you need to know now to prepare your organization for enrollment into Medicare as an MDPP supplier
- Question and answer session
Target Audience: Current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recognized Diabetes Prevention Program organizations; organizations interested in becoming MDPP suppliers, including existing Medicare providers/suppliers, community organizations, non-for-profits; associations and advocacy groups focused on seniors or diabetes; and other interested stakeholders, including health plans, primary care/internal medicine specialties.
Registration: To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request TTY services, please email email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information: Visit the MDPP webpage.