- DMEPOS Adjusted Fee Methodology for Non-Bid Areas: Stakeholder Input on Section 16008 of the 21st Century Cures Act Call
- Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics & Supplies (DMEPOS)
When: Thursday, March 23, 2017
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Time
Description: Section 16008 of the 21st Century Cures Act mandates stakeholder input on the methodology for using information from the Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Programs for adjusting Medicare fee schedule amounts paid in non-competitive bidding areas. During this call, learn about the new legislation and provide feedback to CMS. Comments can also be submitted to DMEPOS@cms.hhs.gov no later than April 6, 2017.
CMS is mandated to solicit and take into account stakeholder input related to adjustments of fees paid in non-competitive bidding areas beginning in 2019. CMS is also mandated to take into account the highest amount bid by a winning supplier in a competitive bidding area and a comparison of the following with respect to non-competitive bidding areas and competitive bidding areas:
- Average travel distance and costs associated with furnishing items and services in an area
- Average volume of items and services furnished by suppliers in the area
- The number of suppliers in the area
Medicare DMEPOS suppliers, providers and other interested stakeholders.
Registration: To register for an MLN Connects Call, please visit the MLN Connects Event Registration website.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request TTY services, please email email@example.com no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information: Visit the following website: 21st Century Cures Act