- Quality Payment Program: Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions Call
When: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, from 1:30 to 3 pm ET
Registration: Visit the MLN Event Registration website.
- Presentation [PDF, 1MB]
- Audio Recording [ZIP, 19MB]
- Transcript [PDF, 513KB]
- Clarification [PDF, 176KB]
During this call, CMS answers frequently asked questions about the Quality Payment Program from the 2018 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS18) Annual Conference & Exhibition and inquiries received by the Quality Payment Program Service Center. Then, we open the phone lines to take your questions.
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) ended the Sustainable Growth Rate formula, which would have resulted in a significant cut to payment rates for clinicians participating in Medicare. MACRA requires CMS by law to implement an incentive program, referred to as the Quality Payment Program, which provides two participation tracks for clinicians:
- The Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Advanced Alternative Payment Models (Advanced APMs)
Target Audience: Medicare Part B fee-for-service clinicians; office managers and administrators; state and national associations that represent healthcare providers; and other stakeholders.
For More Information: Visit the Quality Payment Program webpage.
- Review Frequently Asked Questions - Opens in a new window
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request TTY services, email email@example.com at least 3 business days before the event