When: Thursday, February 14, 2019, from 1:30 to 3 pm ET
Registration: Register - Opens in a new window for Medicare Learning Network events.
- Presentation and Tip Sheet (ZIP)
- Audio Recording (ZIP)
- Transcript (PDF)
- Clarification (PDF)
- Video Presentation
CMS implemented new opioid policies for Medicare drug plans effective January 1. The new policies include:
- Improved safety alerts when patients fill opioid prescriptions at the pharmacy
- Drug management programs for patients at-risk for misuse or abuse of opioids or other drugs
During this call, CMS experts discuss the new policies and answer questions. Note: This content was previously presented during a Regional Office event on December 27.
Prior to the call, participants should review the following materials:
- Training materials, including slide decks and tip sheets for prescribers (ZIP), pharmacists (ZIP), and patients (ZIP)
- A Prescriber’s Guide to the New Medicare Part D Opioid Overutilization Policies for 2019 (PDF) MLN Matters® Article
- Reducing Opioid Misuse webpage for more information on the CMS strategy
Target Audience: Physicians; physician assistants; nurses; nurse practitioners; dentists and other prescribers; case managers; and other interested stakeholders.
- Review Frequently Asked Questions - Opens in a new window
- Email email@example.com
- To request TTY services, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 business days before the event