- Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule: Understanding 3 Key Topics Listening Session
- Physician Fee Schedule
When: Monday, August 12, 2019, from 1 to 2:30 pm ET
Registration: Register - Opens in a new window for Medicare Learning Network events.
- Presentation [PDF, 410KB]
- Audio recording and transcript: Available approximately 2 weeks after the event
Proposed changes to the CY 2020 Physician Fee Schedule are aimed at reducing burden, recognizing clinicians for the time they spend taking care of patients, removing unnecessary measures, and making it easier for clinicians to be on the path towards value-based care. During this listening session, CMS experts briefly cover three provisions from the proposed rule and address your clarifying questions to help you formulate your written comments for formal submission:
- Increasing value of Evaluation and Management (E/M) payments
- Continuing to improve the Quality Payment Program by streamlining the program’s requirement’s in order to reduce clinician burden
- Creating the new Opioid Treatment Program benefit in response to the opioid epidemic
We encourage you to review the following materials prior to the call:
- Proposed rule
- Press release
- Physician Fee Schedule proposed rule fact sheet
- Quality Payment Program proposed rule fact sheet
Note: feedback received during this listening session is not a substitute for your formal comments on the rule. See the proposed rule for information on submitting these comments by September 27, 2019.
Target Audience: Medicare Part B fee-for-service clinicians; office managers and administrators; state and national associations that represent healthcare providers; and other stakeholders.
For More Information:
- Patients Over Paperwork webpage
- Review Frequently Asked Questions - Opens in a new window
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request TTY services, email email@example.com at least 3 business days before the event