- Radiation Oncology Model Listening Session
- Radiation Oncology
Registration: Register - Opens in a new window for Medicare Learning Network events.
- Presentation [PDF, 590KB]
- Audio Recording [ZIP, 18MB]
- Transcript [PDF, 181KB]
- Clarification [PDF, 57KB]
The proposed Radiation Oncology (RO) Model is an innovative payment model that would improve the quality of care for cancer patients receiving radiotherapy treatment and reduce provider burden by moving toward a simplified and predictable payment system. During this listening session, CMS experts briefly cover the major provisions from the proposed rule and address your clarifying questions to help you formulate your written comments for formal submission. Proposals to be discussed include:
- Prospective, episode-based payments, based on a patient's cancer diagnosis
- Required participation in selected core-based statistical areas to test the model
- Transition to site-neutral payment
- Episode payments split into two components — professional and technical
- Requirements to qualify as an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM) and a Merit-based Incentive Payment System APM under Quality Payment Program
We encourage you to review the following materials prior to the call:
- Proposed rule
- RO Model webpage
- RO Model fact sheet
- Report to Congress: Episodic Alternative Payment Model for Radiation Therapy Services
Note: Feedback received during this listening session is not a substitute for your formal comments on the rule. See the proposed rule for information on submitting these comments by September 16, 2019.
Target Audience: Hospitals, hospital associations, accreditation organizations, physician group practices, hospital outpatient departments, freestanding radiation therapy centers for radiotherapy, and other interested stakeholders.
- Review Frequently Asked Questions - Opens in a new window
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request TTY services, email email@example.com at least 3 business days before the event