- Medicare Preventive Services National Provider Call: The Initial Preventive Physical Exam and the Annual Wellness Visit
- Medicare Preventive Services
Don't miss this opportunity to get the information you need about the Initial Preventive Physical Exam (IPPE - also known as the "Welcome to Medicare" Preventive Visit) and the Annual Wellness Visit (AWV). This year, the CY2012 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule added a Health Risk Assessment to the AWV. CMS experts were on hand to discuss both the IPPE and AWV, when to perform them, who can perform each service, who is eligible and how to code and bill for each service, followed by a question and answer session.
When: Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Time: 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time
Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, health educators, registered dietitians, nutrition professionals, medical billers and coders and other interested health care professionals
- Podcast 1 of 3: The Initial Preventive Physical Exam [ZIP, 17MB]
- Podcast 2 of 3: The Annual Wellness Visit [ZIP, 16MB]
- Podcast 3 of 3: Question and Answer Session [ZIP, 38MB]
- IPPE AWV National Provider Call Presentation 03-28-2012
- IPPE AWV Audio Recording 03-28-2012
- IPPE AWV Written Transcript 03-28-2012
- IPPE AWV Frequently Asked Questions 03-28-2012 [PDF, 192KB]
For More Information:
For more information on Medicare Preventive Services, please visit: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Prevention/PrevntionGenInfo/index.html and http://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNProducts/PreventiveServices.html.