- National Provider Call: Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) hosted a national provider call with question and answer session on Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (Hospital VBP).
CMS will create hospital-specific performance reports that simulate the FY 2013 Program for each hospital to review. The simulated reports employed hospital data from prior years to construct each hospital’s baseline period and performance period scores.
To prepare providers for interpreting the simulated report, the National Provider Call discussed a sample report that showed what hospitals can expect when they receive their own reports.
The Simulated Hospital VBP Program reports will feature:
- The hospital’s estimated incentive payment percentage, based on the baseline and performance periods noted
- The hospital’s Total Performance Score and a comparison to national and state Total Performance Scores
- The hospital’s scores for the Clinical Process of Care domain and the Patient Experience of Care domain
- The hospital’s individual Clinical Process measure performance and scores
- The hospital’s individual Patient Experience dimension performance and scores
- The hospital’s individual Patient Experience domain consistency score
- Detailed explanations of every section of the simulated report
When: Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
- Opening Remarks
- Program Announcements
- Overview of the Hospital Value Based Purchasing Program
- Presentation and walkthrough of the hospital specific report
- Question & Answer Session
Hospitals, QIOs, Medical coders, physician office staff, provider billing staff, health records staff, vendors and all Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) providers.
To access the presentation slides for this call please select the National Provider Call Presentation link in the Downloads section.
Post Call Materials:
To access the audio file for this call please select the Audio File link in the Downloads section.
To access the transcript for this call please select the Transcript link in the Downloads section.
To access the clarification file for this call please select the Clarification File link in the Downloads section.
For more information on the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program, please visit http ://www.cms.gov/hospital-value-based-purchasing