- Physician VBPM: Experience from Private Sector Physician Pay-for-Performance Programs
- Value-Based Payment Modifier – Physician Feedback Program
Section 3007 of the Affordable Care Act requires CMS to apply a Value Modifier, which compares the quality of care furnished to the cost of that care, to physician payment rates under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule starting with specific physicians and physician groups in 2015 and expanding to all physicians by 2017.
This National Provider Call is in support of the efforts of CMS to implement the Medicare Physician Feedback and Physician Value-Based Payment Modifier (VBPM) Programs. This call is one of a series of calls CMS will hold to engage the public in dialogue about physician level value-based purchasing and obtain stakeholder input on how best to implement the physician value modifier.
This National Provider Call included presentations from a panel of three private sector experts who have had experiences in implementing physician-level pay-for-performance programs. The second call in the series, scheduled for Wed Mar 14, will feature three additional private sector experts.
When: Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Time: 2:30 -4:00PM Eastern Time
Target Audience: Medicare Fee-for-Service physicians, specialty medical societies, and other interested parties.
- Opening Comments and Background " Sheila Roman, MD, MPH; CMS
- Background on the Value-Based Payment Modifier
- Introduction of Speakers
- Using Physician Pay-for-Performance to Improve Care " R. Adams Dudley, MD, MBA; University of California, San Francisco
- Quality Measurement: Physician & Practice Performance " Ted von Glahn, MPH; Pacific Business Group on Health
- Physician Pay-for-Performance and Other Incentive Programs: Lessons From The Field " Francois de Brantes, MS, MBA; Health Care Incentives Improvement Institute
- CMS Questions and Comment
- General Question and Answer Session
- Closing " Sheila Roman, MD, MPH; CMS
For More Information:
For more information on the Physician Feedback Program and the Value-Based Payment Modifier, please visit http://www.cms.gov/PhysicianFeedbackProgram/01_Overview.asp