2018 Stage 3 Program Requirements for Eligible Hospitals, Critical Access Hospitals, and Dual-Eligible Hospitals Attesting to CMS
2018 Stage 3 Program Requirements for Eligible Hospitals, Critical Access Hospitals, and Dual-Eligible Hospitals Attesting to CMS Promoting Interoperability Program
On November 14, 2016, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) published a final rule with comment period that included changes responsive to stakeholder feedback and resulted in continued advancement of certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT). The finalized changes utilize and result in a program more focused on supporting interoperability and data sharing for all participants under the Promoting Interoperability (PI) Programs.
Participants must successfully attest to avoid the Medicare payment adjustment.
Objectives and Measures
- Providers that choose to attest to Stage 3 objectives and measures would continue to meet the requirements (including the thresholds) finalized in the 2017 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS)/Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) final rule.
- There are 6 objectives for eligible hospital and critical access hospitals (CAHs) (including Dual-Eligible hospitals) attesting to CMS.
- View the 2018 Stage 3 Specification Sheets for Eligible Hospitals, CAHs and Dual-Eligible hospitals attesting to CMS.
- Providers attesting to Stage 3 objectives and measures, have the option to use 2015 Edition CEHRT or a combination of the 2014 and 2015 CEHRT editions, as long as their electronic health record (EHR) technology can support the functionalities, objectives, and measures for Stage 3.
- Addition of new naming conventions for measures began with the 2017 OPPS/ASC final rule.
- Refer to the Payment Adjustments and Hardship Information webpage for information on the new exceptions finalized in the 2018 Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) final rule.
PI Reporting Period
- For 2018, the PI reporting period for all participants is a minimum of any continuous 90 days from January 1 through December 31, 2018.
- Check the Landing page for up-to-date information on the attestation deadline.
Requirements for PI Incentive Programs in 2018 Resources
- Page last Modified: 07/31/2018 9:13 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins