2013 Clinical Quality Measures
2013 Clinical Quality Measure Requirements
Eligible professionals demonstrating 2013 Definition Stage 1 of meaningful use would use the list of Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) finalized in 2011 to report:
- 3 required core measures or 3 alternate core, and
- 3 additional measures
If eligible professionals do not collect information on one or more of the 3 core CQMs, they can choose one or more replacements from an alternate core list. The core measures include:
- Weight Assessment and Counseling for Children and Adolescents(NQF 0024)
- Preventive Care and Screening: Influenza Immunization for Patients 50 Years Old or Older (NQF 0041, PQRI 110)
- Childhood Immunization Status (NQF 0038)
Eligible professionals select the 3 additional CQMs based on their relevance to their scope of practice.
Eligible hospitals and CAHs demonstrating 2013 Definition Stage 1 of meaningful use would report on all 15 CQMs finalized in 2011.
Attestation of 2013 Clinical Quality Measures
In 2014, eligible professionals and hospitals who demonstrate 2013 Definition Stage 1 of meaningful use would report on their 2013 clinical quality measures through attestation. View the eligible professional and eligible hospital attestation user guides to learn more.
Important Information about 2013 Clinical Quality Measures
- There are no minimum values that you must achieve for clinical quality measures. You only have to report on them, not achieve a benchmark.
- Your certified EHR does all the work—it calculates the measures and gives you the numbers you report to CMS.
- Page last Modified: 09/24/2015 11:19 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins