CMS is renaming the EHR Incentive Programs to the Promoting Interoperability (PI) Programs to continue the agency’s focus on improving patients’ access to health information and reducing the time and cost required of providers to comply with the programs’ requirements. CMS is also in the process of finalizing updates to the programs through rulemaking. For more information, visit the landing page where CMS will publish updates and additional resources as soon as they are available.
We developed a centralized repository for public health agency and clinical data registry reporting to provide an additional, centralized source of information for eligible professionals, MIPS eligible clinicians, eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals looking for public health, clinical data, or specialized registry electronic reporting options.
The information in the CMS Centralized Repository was collected in September and October 2016. Participation in the Repository by public health agencies, clinical data registries, and specialized registries is voluntary. As the centralized repository is outdated, we are replacing it with the Registry of Patient Registries (RoPR).
The RoPR is an Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)-funded data entry system that allows registry stewards to provide information about their patient registry to promote collaboration, reduce redundancy, and improve transparency among registry holders.
The RoPR data entry system allows registry stewards to provide information about the following:
- Classification and Purpose – the type of registry and its purpose
- Contact and Conditions of Access – circumstances under which the registry can be contacted, and contact information for those interested in collaboration, participation and/or data access
- Progress Reports – includes information about the growth of the registry and any relevant references to available progress reports
- Common Data Elements – descriptions of registry-specific standards, scales, instruments, and measures
We encourage all Public Health and Clinical Data Registries to add their registries to the RoPR database to help health care providers find registries that are available for electronic reporting.
Please contact the project team with any questions at RoPR@ahrq.hhs.gov.
- Page last Modified: 05/16/2018 10:43 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins