Data and Program Reports
Here's where you'll find Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Records Incentive Program payment and registration data in report form.
As of September 2016, more than 509,484 health care providers received payment for participating in the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs. In May 2013, CMS announced that more than half of all eligible health care providers had been paid under the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
Overview Payment Reports:
- September Medicare EHR Incentive Payments
- September Medicaid EHR Incentive Payments
- Medicare Advantage Organization Payments
HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY POLICY COMMITTEE:
The Health IT Policy Committee (HITPC) is comprised of appointed members who make recommendations to the National Coordinator for Health IT on a policy framework for the development and adoption of a nationwide health information infrastructure, including standards for the exchange of patient medical information.
For information on past and future meetings, including meeting materials and audio, click here.
State Breakdown of Payments to Medicare and Medicaid Providers through September 30, 2016
- More than $23.7 billion in Medicare EHR Incentive Program payments have been made between May 2011 and September 2016.
- More than $11 billion in Medicaid EHR Incentive Program payments have been made between January 2011 (when the first set of states launched their programs) and September 2016.
Individual State Reporting
- September Payments by Individual States
- September Payments by States by Program
- September Payments by States by Program and Provider
- Excel Version
State Breakdown of Registration by Medicaid and Medicare Providers through September 2016
- More than 599,000 eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals are actively registered in the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs as of September 2016.
Individual State Reporting
State Breakdown of Registration by Medicare Providers through September 2016
- More than 382,000 eligible professionals have registered for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program as of September 2016.
State Breakdown of Registration by Medicaid Providers through September 2016
- More than 212,000 eligible professionals have registered for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program as of September 2016.
Update on State Launches of Medicaid EHR Program
- All 50 states have launched their Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
- The Medicaid State Information web page lists the websites for each state Medicaid program.
2011 Meaningful Use White Paper
EHR Incentive Programs: 2011 Meaningful Use Census - The CMS white paper analyzes meaningful use data by state and specialty type for eligible professionals and eligible hospitals who participated in the 2011 Medicare EHR Incentive Program.
Attestation Performance data Through March 2015 - includes 2014 provider attestation data through March 20, 2015.
Meaningful Use Data: Public Use Files
The most recent Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program Eligible Professionals Public Use File (PUF), and the most recent Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program Eligible Hospitals Public Use File (PUF) can be found here.
Recipients of Medicare EHR Incentive Program Payments
In compliance with the HITECH Act's requirement, CMS has posted the names, business phone numbers, and business addresses of Medicare eligible professionals (EPs), eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) that have successfully demonstrated meaningful use and received a payment. Medicare EPs, eligible hospitals, and CAH's were able to verify and edit their business phone numbers and addresses during the registration process. CMS has not posted information on group practices, as incentive payments are not provided at the group practice level.
EP Recipients of Medicare EHR Incentive Program Payments (File 1 of 2)
EP Recipients of Medicare EHR Incentive Program Payments (File 2 of 2)
Not all providers are eligible for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program. Only those professionals, hospitals, and CAHs that are eligible based on the regulation's eligibility requirements, attested to meaningfully using an EHR, and have received a Medicare incentive payment will be displayed online. Finally, the Act does not require CMS to post the names of eligible professionals, eligible hospitals and CAHs that have received Medicaid EHR Incentive Program payments. In addition, please note that these lists will be updated on a quarterly basis.
- Page last Modified: 12/01/2016 10:34 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins