CMS is renaming the EHR Incentive Programs to the Promoting Interoperability (PI) Programs to continue the agency’s focus on improving patients’ access to health information and reducing the time and cost required of providers to comply with the programs’ requirements. CMS is also in the process of finalizing updates to the programs through rulemaking. For more information, visit the landing page where CMS will publish updates and additional resources as soon as they are available.
EHR Incentive Program Webinars
CMS hosts regular webinars to educate the healthcare community about topics related to the EHR Incentive Programs. During these events, CMS program experts provide updates on program changes, requirements, and deadlines; upcoming events; and new resources. Program experts also reserve time at the end of each webinar to address audience questions.
For questions about upcoming webinars or previous events, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMS does not currently have any EHR Incentive Programs webinars scheduled. Subscribe to the EHR listserv, and be the first to learn about upcoming events.
- 2016 EHR Incentive Programs Requirements for Eligible Professionals (August 25, 2016, 1:00pm-2:00pm EDT) – This webinar includes information about the requirements for eligible professionals (EPs) to participate successfully in the EHR Incentive Programs in 2016 based on the criteria outlined in the October 2015 final rule.
- Click here to view a recording of the webinar
- 2016 EHR Incentive Payment Programs Requirements for Eligible Hospitals & CAHs (August 30, 2016, 12:00pm-1:00pm EDT) – This webinar includes information about the requirements for eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs) to participate successfully in the EHR Incentive Programs in 2016 based on the criteria outlined in the October 2015 final rule.
- Click here to view a recording of the webinar
Led by CMS program experts, the Vendor Workgroup features monthly webinars and Q&A sessions designed to provide updates, and technical assistance for vendors, and also address any program- related questions or concerns. Topics range from meeting program and certification requirements, to issues that could affect health IT companies and their products, including, administrative simplification rules, clinical quality measures (CQMs), and more.
Vendors providing Certified Electronic Health Record Technology can sign up by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your name, company, title, email, phone, address, and the health IT products you manage.
Vendor Workgroup Presentations
- June 22, 2017 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Included updates on payment adjustments and hardship exceptions, the Advancing Care Information Call for Measures, the Quality Data Model (QDM) v5.3 release, technical instructions for QRDA Category I submissions for eCQM reporting to the Hospital IQR and the Medicare EHR Incentive Programs, post-acute care announcements, the transition to Query-Response for immunization (IIS) reporting, and an update on the Health IT FACA Public Health Taskforce Zika response recommendations.
- May 18, 2017 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on the 2018 IPPS and LTCH Proposed Payment Rule, the 2017 eCQM Annual Update Publication, the Oncology Care Model, and post-acute care quality reporting.
- April 20, 2017 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on the 2018 IPPS and LTCH Proposed Payment Rule, the Hospice Quality Reporting Webinar, the eCQM Implementation Checklist, and the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting program.
- March 23, 2017 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on post-acute care quality reporting, CMS HIMSS17 updates, eCQM annual update pre-publication document, as well as an update on PQRS.
- February 16, 2017 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on PQRS EHR reporting, support for the Clinical Quality Language (CQL) testing system, eCQM data reporting, EHR Incentive Program attestation extension, and an update on CMS’ presence at HIMSS.
- January 26, 2017 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting program, the eCQM value sets for 2017, Hospital VBP, HAC Reduction Program, Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program, the Interoperability Standards Advisory, FY2018 changes to the HAC Reduction Program, 2016 PQRS EHR reporting, device order not done guidance, and an update on CMS’ presence at HIMSS.
- December 15, 2016 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting program, a health IT support update on the Zika response, an update on the eCQI Resource Center Integration with USHIK, and an overview of the MACRA Section 101(f) Patient Relationship categories and codes.
- November 17, 2016 Vendor Workgroup Presentation - Includes updates on the Hospital Outpatient Perspective Payment and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment systems, the Quality Reporting Programs Final Rule, an ICD-10 update for 2017 reporting, Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting, an update from the Division of Post-Acute Care, and an update on an Oncology Care Model feedback opportunity.
- October 20, 2016 Vendor Workgroup Presentation - Includes updates on the Medicare Quality Payment Program, Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting, new HIPAA guidance from the Office for Civil Rights, the updated QRDA I schematron v2.3, and The Joint Commission’s measure selection requirements.
- October 13, 2016 ONC Vendor Workshop Presentation - Includes more information on ONC’s EHR Contract Guide and newly expanded Health IT playbook - two practical, easy-to-understand tools to help health care providers get the most out of their health information technology.
- September 22, 2016 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility and Long-Term Care Hospital Preview Reports, Improving Cyber Security, Medicare & Medicaid EHR Incentive programs, Ransomware and Breach, Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting Program (HIQR), and the Oncology Care Model.
- August 18, 2016 Vendor Workgroup Presentation - Includes updates on the 2015 PQRS Feedback and Annual Quality and Resource Use Reports, IRF & LTCH Quality Reporting Program: Public Reporting Webinar, 2016 Medicare & Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs Requirements Webinars, CY 2017 Changes to the Hospital OPPS and ASC Proposed Rule (CMS-1656-P), Cypress v3 for 2015 and 2016 Electronic Clinical Quality Certification and Testing, and Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long-Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System: Policy Changes and Fiscal Year 2017 Rates Final Rule Information.
- July 21, 2016 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on CMS patient relationship categories; 2017 CMS HQR QRDA Implementation Guide, Schematrons, and Sample File; and hospital inpatient quality reporting.
- June 23, 2016 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System Advancing Care Information Performance Category, hospital inpatient quality reporting, electronic exchange of PHI for treatment and health care operations, HIPAA guidance, the Electronic Clinical Quality Improvement Resource Center, and 2016 PQRS GPRO reporting.
- May 19, 2016 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (HIQR) Program and the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System as part of the Quality Payment Program.
- April 21, 2016 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on lessons learned from the 2015 PQRS EHR Submission period, the eCQM Annual Update, Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting, and the Quality Measurement Development Process.
- March 24, 2016 Vendor Workgroup Presentation – Includes updates on Bonnie, the eCQM testing tool; enhanced transparency requirements for developers under the ONC Health IT Certification program; the 2016 Quality Reporting Document Architecture Implementation Guide Appendix and updated schematrons; Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting; and ONC’s Oversight Rule.
Click here for access to presentations from previous workgroups.
HIMSS Conference & Exhibition
CMS joins the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) along with more than 40,000 health IT professionals, clinicians, executives, and vendors each year at the HIMSS Conference & Exhibition to participate in various educational and networking opportunities related to health information technology. Each year, CMS hosts educational and office hour sessions, that provide a unique opportunity for industry stakeholders to interact personally with agency representatives and receive the most up-to-date information on CMS’ programs and requirements.
Visit the website for more information on the HIMSS17 Conference & Exhibition.
CMS participated in the 2016 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference & Exhibition in Las Vegas from February 29-March 4, 2016. Please review the CMS education session presentations from this year’s conference below.
CMS Education Sessions at HIMSS16
Tuesday, March 1
- Session #26 - CMS EHR Incentive Programs in 2015 through 2017 Overview
- Session #56 - CMS Listening Session: EHR Incentive Programs in 2018 & Beyond
Wednesday, March 2
- Session #101 - CMS Listening Session: Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Session #131 - CMS Electronic Clinical Quality Measurement (eCQM) Development and Reporting
Thursday, March 3
- Page last Modified: 04/25/2018 11:47 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins