Participating In EHR?
The Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs provide incentive payments to eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) as they adopt, implement, upgrade or demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHR technology
Are you ready to begin participation in the EHR Incentive Programs? Here are some important steps to take:
- Determine your eligibility to participate in the Medicare and/or Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
- Prepare for registration.
- Register to participate in the Medicare and/or Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs. You must register with CMS online.
- Determine certification of your EHR system. To determine if an EHR system is currently certified, view the ONC Certified Health IT Product List (CHPL).
- Meet meaningful use requirements and prepare for attestation.
- Attest that you have met the thresholds and all of the requirements of the Medicare or Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
- Retain proper documentation in case of an audit. Note: You may be audited prior to receiving payment.
Continue reporting meaningful use data every year, and avoid Medicare payment adjustments.
Important EHR participation dates* to keep in mind:
|December 31, 2015||End of 2015 calendar year and end of the 2015 reporting period for all providers|
|January 4, 2016||Medicare Attestation opens for the 2015 program year|
|February 29, 2016||Attestation deadline for the 2015 program year|
|July 1, 2016||Hardship exception application deadline for Medicare provider to avoid the 2017 payment adjustment|
*All dates based on Eastern Time.
Resources for Getting Started
The following resources will help you get started with your EHR Incentive Programs participation:
- Introduction to EHR Incentive Programs (Video)
- An Introduction to the Medicare EHR Incentive Program for Eligible Professionals
- An Introduction to the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program for Eligible Professionals
- Stage 1 Medicare EHR Incentive Program Participation Checklist
- Stage 1 Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Participation Checklist
- Page last Modified: 12/16/2015 10:37 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins