How to Use SPARC
SPARC is an IDIQ contract vehicle that provides a refined pool of highly qualified partners. Work will be detailed in individual task orders. Task orders are then competed amongst the partners. By using these pre-qualified partners, the SPARC procurement timeline is shortened and more flexible compared to a full and open competition. Customers have the additional advantages of reduced paperwork, cost-effective rates, and competitive bids on each task order solicited.
- CMS customers should reach out to their respective Office of Acquisitions and Grant Management (OAGM) counterparts (Contracting Officer-CO, Contract Specialist-CS)
- HHS Operational Divisions should contact their respective contract shop
Creating a SPARC Task Order
Planning and Documentation
As a SPARC customer, it is your responsibility to plan and document your task order. The pace of planning each task order is under your control. Planning the acquisition includes defining requirements, determining the budget, and developing the solicitation documentation. While planning your task order, in conjunction with your Contracting Officer, determine the contract type and type of competition you’d like to employ for your task order.Market research must be conducted for all unrestricted task orders.
The IDIQ contract is divided into 2 pools, a small business pool and an unrestricted pool, so that a portion of the tasks can be reserved for small business participation.
- Unrestricted – all vendors can bid
- Restricted – only small business vendors may bid
- Small Business set aside – set aside for specific small business socioeconomic categories
- Sole Source – possible with 8(a), under 4 million
Note: CMS will conduct small business sources sought notices and assessments for all task orders not unilaterally set aside for small business by the task order Contracting Officer (CO). For any unrestricted task orders, the task order CO will include the Small Business Participation element as an evaluation factor for large business contractors.
Additional information as to the specific process for initiating the task order process can be found on the Task Order Procurement Guide. For other questions review the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Page last Modified: 03/15/2019 9:58 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins