Making Documents Section 508 Compliant
All electronic communication and documentation created by CMS employees and contractors must be 508 compliant. This section provides references and guidance toward accomplishing that goal. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Documents distributed via e-mail (includes Broadcast messages and any attachments)
- Documents posted to an internal or external website
- Deliverables from Contractors (e.g., Test Plans, Requirements Documents, etc.)
For more information contact a CMS 508 Clearance Officer (see below).
Refer to the following resources for assistance in creating 508 compliant documentation.
- Word Tips (PDF)
- Excel Tips (PDF)
- PowerPoint Tips (PDF)
- Microsoft Accessibility Checker (PDF)
- Outlook Tips (PDF)
How To Guides
- How to Make Your Word 2013 Documents 508-Compliant (PDF)
- How to Make Your Excel 2013 Workbooks 508-Compliant (PDF)
- How to Make Your PowerPoint 2013 Presentations 508-Compliant (PDF)