Help & Resources
Resources posted on this page are intended to increase awareness or enhancement of knowledge in accessibility.
- The U.S. Access Board posts many resources on its website including the EIT accessibility standards it has established. These standards apply and are used at CMS for at the very least, procuring, providing design and validation guidance.
- The U.S. General Services Administration serves as a role model for the implementation of Section 508 policies. Its website also contains helpful technical guidance to making documents and websites more accessible.
- The Department of Health and Human Services' Section 508 website posts checklists and guidance for document remediation for Microsoft Office, HTML, Multimedia, and Adobe Acrobat PDF documents.
- Resources are available for creating 508 compliant documentation.
- Section 508.gov offers training including Section 508 laws, technical provisions established in the Access Board's EIT standards, additional resources and training.
- Page last Modified: 11/29/2016 11:32 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins