Section 508 Clearance Officers
As a user’s first point of contact for accessibility issues, Clearance Officers provide assistance related to the implementation of Section 508 law at CMS. The attached document lists CMS Clearance Officers by component. CMS employees should contact their clearance officer directly. Contractors should reach out to their CMS GTL/COR for 508 assistance.
Clearance Officers provide compliance in the following areas:
- Ensure all electronic communication and documentation is created in a 508 friendly format (e.g., emails, documents/presentations created in Microsoft Office, etc.).
- All software and hardware purchased must be 508 compliant.
- All applications developed for CMS must be validated for 508 compliance.
- All websites developed for CMS purposes must be validated for 508 compliance.
- Page last Modified: 01/09/2018 11:31 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins