MAPD Help Desk
Email address: MAPDHelp@cms.hhs.gov
Help Desk Phone: 1-800-927-8069
Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Help Desk offers technical and functional support for the Medicare Advantage Health and Prescription Drug Coverage (Parts C and D) Programs. This insurance coverage is provided by:
- Medicare Advantage (MA) Plans.
- Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Plans.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs)
- Third parties conducting data exchanges with CMS on behalf of MA/MAPD/PDPs.
Technical Support for Plan Connectivity and Access:
- Startup, testing and implementation for connectivity to CMS systems.
- Ongoing operational support for data exchanges and system problems.
- EIDM - Enterprise IDentity Management for CMS system access and password reset inquires and issues.
MAPD Functional Support for Inquires and Issues:
- Coordination with CMS for beneficiary enrollment, disenrollment, payment and premium topics.
- MARx UI - Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug User Interface.
- eRPT - Electronic Retroactive Processing transmission.
- ELMO - Eligibility Enrollment Medicare Online.
- COB - Coordination of Benefits files.
- MDR - Medicaid Drug Rebate State Exchange.
For helpful information about the following topics, please click the link:
Bulletin Board of Current Plan Communications
- September 20, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Saturday, September 22 and Sunday, September 23, 2018
Please be advised that the MARx UI will be unavailable from 10:30 PM Saturday, September 22 until 7:00 PM ET Sunday, September 23, due to planned special processing. Additionally, please note:
o ELMO will be down from 10:30 PM Saturday, September 22 until 9:30 PM ET Sunday, September 23.
o The Production Gentran application will NOT be available for transfers to or from the Mainframe on Sunday, September 23, between 12:00 AM and 8:00 AM ET; users will NOT be able to send in files or pick up existing files during this timeframe.
- September 14, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Saturday, September 15 and Sunday, September 16, 2018
Please review the information below regarding the MARx UI schedule for Saturday, September 15 and Sunday, September 16, 2018:
o 6:00 AM ET – 8:00 PM ET Saturday, September 15: Available in update mode. Early cut-off due to monthly system maintenance.
o 8:00 PM ET – 11:30 PM ET Saturday, September 15: Available in read-only mode.
o 11:30 PM ET Saturday, September 15 – 8:00 AM ET Sunday, September 16: Not available due to system maintenance.
Also, the Daily Transaction Reply Report (DTRR) transmission to Plans on Sunday, September 16 will be delayed until 8:00 AM ET and all file processing will not be available; this includes: Connect:Direct, Gentran (SI), & TIBCO MFT environments.
- September 6, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Saturday, September 8 and Sunday, September 9, 2018
Please review the information below regarding the MARx UI schedule for Saturday, September 8 and Sunday, September 9, 2018:
o 12:00 AM ET – 5:00 AM ET Saturday, September 8: Available in read-only mode. However, login functionality may not be available due to EIDM Weekly Deployment. Also, Portal Production login will not be available.
o 12:00 AM ET – 5:00 AM ET Sunday, September 9: Available in read-only mode. However, login functionality may not be available due to EIDM Weekly Deployment. Also, Portal Production login will not be available.
In addition to the MARx UI outage, the below services will not be available from 8:00 AM until 9:00 AM ET Saturday, September 8 due to Oracle Database maintenance:
o Production Gentran application for transfers to/from Mainframe. (Users will not be able to access Gentran during the password updates).
o Production TIBCO MFT IS application for transfers to/from Mainframe. (Users will not be able to access MFT IS during the password updates).
- August 31, 2018 – Advance Announcement of the Fall 2018 Software Releases
Please review the memorandum entitled “Advance Announcement of the Fall 2018 Software Releases” from Jerry Mulcahy (Director, Medicare Enrollment and Appeals Group), Jennifer Harlow (Deputy Director, Medicare Plan Payment Group), Sherri McQueen (Director, Financial Services Group), and Cathy Carter (Director, Enterprise Systems Solutions Group) dated August 30, 2018, via the Software Release Announcements link. The memorandum provides information regarding the planned release of system changes scheduled for October, November, and December 2018.
- August 3, 2018 – MARx UI Integration with CMS Enterprise Portal Effective August 12, 2018
Effective Sunday, August 12, 2018, access to the MARx UI will be through the CMS Enterprise Portal at https://portal.cms.gov. Users will no longer access the MARx UI via https://marx.cms.hhs.gov. Please refer to the MARx UI-Enterprise Portal Integration Quick Reference Guide in the Download section below.
- December 21, 2017 – TRS / Medicare Coverage of Retirees
The Teachers Retirement System (TRS) of Texas has changed its health benefits coverage for Medicare retirees and Medicare retiree dependents for 2018. Some individuals opted out of the changes, but may have received enrollment notification from their new TRS sponsored MA and/or PDP in error. Retirees with questions about their coverage should first contact TRS at 1-888-237-6762. If they still need assistance, they may call 1-800 MEDICARE.
More information can be found at: https://www.trs.texas.gov/Pages/healthcare_trs_care_medicare.aspx.
- Year 2019 MARx Plan Monthly Calendar Now Available
The MARx Plan Monthly Calendar has been updated to reflect 2019 Plan data due dates, report release dates, enrollment certification due dates, and file transmissions. The 2019 MARx calendar is available for Plans to review via the MAPD/MARx Calendars and Schedules link.
- Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) User Manual v3.3
The eRPT Plan User Manual v3.3 has been updated and is available in the Downloads section below.
If you have any questions, please send an email to ERPT_REMEDY@scopeinfotechinc.com.
- Important Notice: MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents
Please use the MAPD Help Desk Information Request Form, and when applicable the Health Insurance Claim Number (HICN) – Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) Template, and the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Template when requesting information from the MAPD Help Desk. Use of the form and spreadsheets will help facilitate accurate and timely processing of your request. Please note that if emailing the spreadsheets they are to be password protected to ensure they are following the CMS Security Policy for PHI/PII.
All documents are provided in the Downloads section in the ZIP file entitled MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents.
Regularly Scheduled Maintenance
As a reminder, the MARx UI may be unavailable due to Regularly Scheduled Maintenance during the following timeframes:
Daily: 11:00 PM to 12:30 AM ET.
Weekly: Sunday evening at 6:00 PM to Monday morning at 6:00 AM ET.
Also, GENTRAN/TIBCO may be unavailable due to Weekly System Backup during the following timeframe:
Weekly: Sunday Morning at 1:00 AM to approximately 3:00 AM ET.
MARx UI Submission Cut Off Dates
Please reference the following table for the 2018 Plan Data Due dates for MARx transaction submissions. Cutoff for the submission of MARx transaction files is 8:00 PM (Eastern Time) on the dates listed below:
|Payment Month||Plan Data Due Date|
|January 2018||December 8, 2017|
|February 2018||January 5, 2018|
|March 2018||February 2, 2018|
|April 2018||March 9, 2018|
|May 2018||April 6, 2018|
|June 2018||May 11, 2018|
|July 2018||June 8, 2018|
|August 2018||July 6, 2018|
|September 2018||August 10, 2018|
|October 2018||September 7, 2018|
|November 2018||October 5, 2018|
|December 2018||November 9, 2018|
Contacting the MAPD Help Desk
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET.
- MARx UI-Portal Integration Quick Reference Guide [PDF, 704KB]
- CMS Enterprise Portal Redesign, December 2017 [PDF, 1MB]
- MAPD POVER Process [PDF, 788KB]
- eRPT Plan User Manual v3.3 [PDF, 6MB]
- Common MARx UI Login Errors [PDF, 47KB]
- RIDP Tips For Success [PDF, 294KB]
- MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents [ZIP, 52KB]
- Page last Modified: 09/20/2018 1:19 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins