Power Mobility Devices
- Home Blood Glucose Monitor
- Home Oxygen Therapy
- Positive Airway Pressure Devices
- Respiratory Assist Devices
- External Infusion Pumps
- Immunosuppressive Drugs
- Enteral Nutritional Therapy
- Parenteral Nutritional Therapy
- Therapeutic Shoes for Persons with Diabetes
- Lower Limb Prosthesis
- Power Mobility Device
Special Open Door Forum Announcements
- Mark your calendars! We are holding a Special Open Door Forum on July 26, 2018, Non-Emergency Ambulance Transportation Templates and Clinical Data Elements (CDEs) Join the mailing list to learn when and how to participate.
Power Mobility Device (PMD)
We held a series of Special Open Door Forum calls in 2012 so suppliers and physicians could give us feedback on the PMD suggested clinical data elements (CDEs). You'll find the current draft available for download, below.
Health IT Vendors: To use the suggested CDEs, download or print and use as guidance in creating or enhancing existing electronic clinical templates within your electronic health record (EHR) system.
|Type of Documentation||Download|
|Power Mobility Device F2F Encounter||
CDEs (PDF) Draft v9.8 (11/02/12)
The Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General’s studies have found that 80% of the claims for PMDs Medicare paid didn’t meet coverage requirements. Proper documentation of the face-to-face is essential to ensure that PMD coverage requirements have been met. Review the OIG Report - Power Wheelchairs.
You can find more details about PMDs on the CMS Medicare Learning Network MLN Matters Fact Sheet (SE1112) (PDF) or use the Advanced Search function on the Medicare Coverage Database for easy access to more coverage guidelines and requirements.