Section 1893(h) of the Social Security Act, which authorized the Recovery Audit Program expansion nationwide, requires an annual Report to Congress, including information on the performance of such contractors on identified underpayments and overpayments and recouping overpayments, including an evaluation of the comparative performance of such contractors and savings to the program. CMS also posts quarterly updates of the Recovery Audit Program, as well as additional reports such as the National Program Total Corrections.
These reports are available in the Downloads section below.
Do you have questions or comments about the Recovery Audit Program? Please email us at: RAC@cms.hhs.gov. Please Do Not send Personal Health Information to this email address.
- Recovery Audit Program Improvements - November 24, 2017 [PDF, 140KB]
- December 30, 2014 - Recovery Audit Program Improvements [PDF, 83KB]
- National Program Totals – March 4, 2016 [PDF, 399KB]
- FY 2014 Medicare FFS RAC Report to Congress [PDF, 623KB]
- FY 2013 Medicare FFS RAC Report to Congress [PDF, 559KB]
- FY 2012 Report To Congress [PDF, 633KB]
- FY 2010 Report To Congress [PDF, 769KB]
- August 12, 2016 - Medicare FFS Recovery Audit Program 3rd Qtr 2016 [PDF, 373KB]
- June 2, 2016 - Medicare FFS Recovery Audit Program 2nd Qtr 2016 [PDF, 384KB]
- Feb. 9, 2016 - Medicare FFS Recovery Audit Program 1st Qtr 2016 [PDF, 436KB]
- Page last Modified: 12/22/2017 12:32 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins