Prevalence and Medicare utilization and spending are presented for the 17 chronic conditions listed below. Information is presented for (1) U.S. counties, (2) U.S. states, including Washington, DC, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and (3) hospital referral regions (HRR) and is available for the years 2008-2012.
The data are available in two Excel files formats. The “Reports” allow users to compare geographic areas to national Medicare estimates. The corresponding “Tables” are traditional excel files that can be exported into other programs.
Below are the 17 chronic conditions included in our reports:
|Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia||Depression|
|Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid)||Diabetes|
|Autism Spectrum Disorders||Hypertension|
|Cancer (Breast, Colorectal, Lung, and Prostate)||Ischemic Heart Disease|
|Chronic Kidney Disease||Osteoporosis|
|Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease||Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders|
Inquiries regarding this data can be sent to MedicareChronicConditions@cms.hhs.gov.
- Prevalence State/County Level: All Beneficiaries by Age, 2008-2012 [ZIP, 19MB]
- Prevalence State Level: All Beneficiaries by Sex and Age, 2008-2012 [ZIP, 3MB]
- Prevalence State Level: All Beneficiaries by Race/Ethnicity and Age, 2008-2012 [ZIP, 10MB]
- Prevalence State Level: All Beneficiaries by Medicare-Medicaid Enrollment and Age, 2008-2012 [ZIP, 3MB]
- Prevalence HRR Level: All Beneficiaries by Age, 2008-2012 [ZIP, 1MB]
- Utilization/Spending State Level: All Beneficiaries, 2008-2012 [ZIP, 553KB]
- Page last Modified: 07/30/2015 1:18 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins