Office of Acquisition and Grants Management
Derrick Heard, Director
Douglas Bergevin, Deputy Director
- Serves as the Agency's Head of the Contracting Activity. Plans, organizes, coordinates and manages the activities required to maintain an agency-wide acquisition program.
- Serves as the Agency's Chief Grants Management Official, with responsibility for all CMS discretionary grants.
- Ensures the effective management of the Agency's acquisition and grant resources.
- Serves as the lead for developing and overseeing the Agency's acquisition planning efforts.
- Develops policy and procedures for use by acquisition staff and internal CMS staff necessary to maintain efficient and effective acquisition and grant programs.
- Advises and assists the Administrator, senior staff, and Agency components on acquisition and grant related issues.
- Plans, develops, and interprets comprehensive policies, procedures, regulations, and directives for CMS acquisition functions.
- Represents CMS at departmental acquisition and grant forums and functions, such as the Executive Council on Acquisition and the Executive Council for Grants Administration Policy.
- Serves as the CMS contact point with HHS and other Federal agencies relative to grant and cooperative agreement policy matters.
- Coordinates and/or conducts training for contracts and grant personnel, as well as project officers in CMS components.
- Develops agency-specific procurement guidelines for the utilization of small and disadvantaged business concerns in achieving an equitable percentage of CMS' contracting requirements.
- Provides cost/price analyses and evaluations required for the review, negotiation, award, administration, and closeout of grants and contracts. Provides support for field audit capability during the pre-award and closeout phases of contract and grant activities.
- Develops and maintains the OAGM automated procurement management system. Manages procurement information activities (i.e., collecting, reporting, and analyzing procurement data).