Office of Human Capital
Tia Butler, Director
Stephanie Bovell, Deputy Director
- Administers CMS’s special hiring authorities, diversity hiring initiatives, Delegated Examining authority and internal Merit Promotion program, and recruitment and retention programs, including negotiating base salary and any appropriate special hiring incentives.
- Collects, analyzes and coordinates strategic planning data for use by CMS for recruitment purposes. Uses data to focus recruitment efforts.
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of CMS Leadership and Management Development Programs. Coordinates management development activities with the Leadership Development and Recognition Board.
- Manages and oversees CMS learning management systems and coordinates with DHHS on department-wide courses.
- Administers plans, develops, directs, coordinates and evaluates Agency-wide management programs, performance management, delegations of authority, and position management. Ensures program operations are compliant with federal regulations and Departmental requirements and guidance, and develops and implements guidance and educational tools to support successful administration of these programs.
- Provides oversight of collective bargaining agreements and provision of advisory services to CMS managers. Conducts negotiations on behalf of management and/or advises management on the conduct of labor-management negotiations. Coordinates and develops CMS-wide policy regarding the development, implementation, and evaluation of labor relations' activities.
- Provides managers and senior Agency officials (in accordance with Federal Service Labor-Management Relations statue(s), and Master Labor Agreement) with advice and assistance on activities associated with labor management relations, including but not limited to bargaining unit status determinations, unfair labor practices, negotiability issues, workplace changes affecting bargaining unit employees, and case work associated with labor relations activities (e.g., grievances).
- Develops and coordinates the policies and procedures necessary to implement the CMS Ethics Program. Provides advice and guidance to the CMS Deputy Ethics Counselor (DEC) concerning all issues that must be considered by the DEC.