Office of Information Technology
Rajiv Uppal, Director and CMS Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Bobby Saxon, Deputy Director
George Hoffmann, Deputy Director & Deputy CIO
George Linares, CMS Chief Technology Officer
- Serves as the CMS Chief Information Officer and is responsible for providing implementation services and operational support for CMS component-specific information technology (IT) needs and enterprise-wide services.
- Serves as the lead and system integrator for enterprise-wide and component-specific software development efforts to ensure that the functions of Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace are carried out.
- Serves as the lead for developing and enforcing CMS' information architecture, policies, standards, and practices in all areas of IT.
- Provides IT hosting, managing and oversight of the operations, enhancement, and delivery of services for the IT infrastructure, including enterprise network communications.
- Provides IT support services through execution of IT contracts and the oversight of IT contract vehicles that may be utilized by CMS and other Federal Agencies.
- Manages and oversees the operations and delivery of essential IT services for the Agency's End User Computing Environment, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, Email, office administration network/infrastructure and Help Desk Services.
- Directs and manages the engineering, development, implementation, and operations of new and existing Enterprise Shared Services.
- Develops and maintains enterprise-wide central databases, data warehouses, statistical files, and general data extracts and access paths, ensuring the quality of information maintained in these data sources.
- Provides ongoing systems maintenance and support to Medicare Fee-For-Services Claims Processing, Medicare Advantage and Part D, Beneficiary and Entitlement, and Health IT Economic and Clinical Health Act Systems.
- Directs and advises CMS on the requirements, policies, and administration of the Privacy Act. Provides data and information to the public, within the parameters imposed by the Privacy Act.
- Provides oversight, information security risk management, and monitoring of CMS information and information systems including those provided or managed by another Agency, contractor, or other source.
- Develops, implements, and disseminates agency wide information privacy and security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Manages the CMS IT budget formulation and execution, including operating plans, acquisition strategies and plans, budget call letters, and other IT budget-related strategies, requests and justifications.
- Manages IT Governance processes using best practices in IT Investment Management strategies and execution.
- Leads the coordination, development, implementation and maintenance of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act electronic data interchange health care information standards in the health care industry.
- Provides liaison on IT operational issues between CMS components, the DHHS, other Federal Agencies with direct business operation and technical interfaces.