2012 Train-the-Trainer Workshops begin next week
With a mild winter and warm spring past us, this year it’s hard to tell where one season ends and another begins. For those of us in CMS’ Division of Training, a sure sign that summer has arrived is a new round of National Medicare Train-the-Trainer Workshops! Each year we host a series of two-and-a-half day, face-to-face training events in major cities across the country. Our goal is to share consistent, accurate, current and reliable information with partners who train others—"training the trainer”—so they’re best equipped to help people with Medicare make informed health care decisions. Our Train-the-Trainer Workshop is a perfect opportunity to learn about changes to CMS programs you may have missed. If you’ve been to one of our workshops in past years, it’s a good chance for you to brush up on your training skills. We try to keep our sessions lively, interesting and memorable with knowledge checks, exercises, and casework video scenarios. This year’s workshops include:
- Information on key aspects of Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and related legislation
- A half-day basic track if you want a refresher or if you’re new to Medicare
- A Web learning resource session to help you find information
- Plan Finder updates
- Casework exercises
- Medicare training modules and workbooks
- Opportunities to network with CMS staff and other partners who share your commitment
- A 2012 Resource Card—with the training modules, videos, job aids and more!
Learn more about the workshops and register by visiting our Train-the-Trainer Workshops Web page. We hope to see you in a workshop this summer!