"At CMS, our overall vision is to reinvent the agency to put patients first. We want to partner with patients, providers, payers, and others to achieve this goal. We aim to be responsive to the needs of those we serve."
Administrator Seema Verma
Cross Cutting Connections
Meaningful Measures will move payment toward value through focusing everyone’s efforts on the same quality areas and lend specificity, with the following principles for identifying measures that:
- Address high impact measure areas that safeguard public health
- Patient-centered and meaningful to patients
- Outcome-based where possible
- Fulfill requirements in programs' statutes
- Minimize level of burden for providers
- Significant opportunity for improvement
- Address measure needs for population based payment through alternative payment models
- Align across programs and/or with other payers (Medicaid, commercial payers)
What happens now? What’s next?
There will be ongoing efforts to receive stakeholder input to further improve the Meaningful Measures Framework, work across CMS components to implement the Framework, and evaluate current measure sets and inform measure development. We encourage patients, providers, and stakeholders to submit feedback via our "Contact Us" page linked above.
**It is recommended to view the video below with Flash disabled in Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 11 browsers, due to known usability issues with other browsers.