Document Update Schedule
Local Coverage Documents (LCDs and Articles) move from the CMS Medicare Coverage Database
(MCD) to the MCD Archive in real-time, according to the following schedule:
- Proposed LCDs move to the MCD Archive 1 year after being released to the final LCD.
- Retired LCDs and Articles move to the MCD Archive 1 year after their retirement dates.
- Superseded versions of active LCDs and Articles move to the MCD Archive after 1 year.
- All LMRPs reside on the MCD Archive.
- All ICD-9 LCDs and Articles reside on the MCD Archive.
Please visit the
MCD Archive Site
to view archived documents.