Use this report to view all Local Coverage Articles or just the Local Coverage Articles for a single contractor. Articles include billing, coding and other guidelines created by a Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) that are related to a Local Coverage Determination (LCD).
Learn more about the various document types found in the MCD
Note that Article document IDs begin with the letter "A" (e.g., A12345).
Getting to know the Report
This report contains a list of Local Coverage Articles. By default, all Local Coverage Articles are included but you can limit the list to a single contractor.
The columns in this report include:
- ID: The ID of the Local Coverage Article.
- Title: The title of the Local Coverage Article.
- Contractor: The Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) responsible for the Local Coverage Article.
- Effective Date: If it is a new Article then this is the effective date of the original version of the Article. If it is an existing Article then this is the effective date of the revised version.
- Last Updated: If it is a new Article then this is the date the Article was created. If it is an existing Article then this is the date the Article was updated.
- Status: The status of the Local Coverage Article -- Active, Retired or Future Effective.
Filtering Your Report
You can filter your report by using the two criteria in the upper left. Changing the filters will immediately update your report.
Choose from a list of MACs. Selecting a MAC will limit your report to only the Local Coverage Articles associated with the selected MAC. After selecting a MAC name, you have the option to further limit the report to just one contractor number. By default, all MACs are included in the report.
Choose from a list of Article statuses -- Active, Retired or Future Effective. By default, all statuses are included in the report. Please note the MCD only includes retired documents for less than one year. For documents retired beyond one year, visit the MCD Archive.
Sorting Your Report
You can sort your report by using the Sort By feature in the upper right. Changing the sort will immediately update your report.
You can open a document by selecting the link in the ID column.
Adding Documents to the Basket
You can add documents to the basket by selecting the basket icon associated with the document of interest. Adding documents to the basket will allow you to reference the documents at a later time. Selecting the basket icon in the table's header row will add all the documents in the table to the basket. However, this feature is disabled if there are more than 50 documents in the table.
To see the items in your basket, select the basket icon in the navbar.
At the bottom of the report, you will find additional helpful features:
- Report Run Date: The date you ran the report
- Selected Criteria: This is the criteria used to run the report
- Submit Feedback/Ask a Question: Use this feature to contact CMS
- Download to Excel: Use this feature to download all of the report data to an Excel file