Use this report to view all Final Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) or just the Final LCDs for one or more contractor numbers. LCDs are decisions made by a Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) regarding what's reasonable and necessary and, therefore, covered by Medicare in the MAC jurisdiction.
Learn more about the various document types found in the MCD
Note that Final LCD document IDs begin with the letter "L" (e.g., L12345).
Getting to know the Report
This report contains a list of Final LCDs. By default, all Final LCDs are included but you can limit the list to one or more contractor numbers.
The columns in this report include:
- ID: The ID of the Final LCD.
- Title: The title of the Final LCD.
- Contractor: The Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) responsible for the Final LCD.
- Effective Date: If it is a new LCD then this is the effective date of the original version of the LCD. If it is an existing LCD then this is the effective date of the revised version.
- Last Updated: If it is a new LCD then this is the date the LCD was created. If it is an existing LCD then this is the date the LCD was updated.
- Status: The status of the Final LCD -- Active, Retired or Future Effective.
Filtering Your Report
You can filter your report by using the two criteria in the upper left. Changing the filters will immediately update your report.
Choose from a list of MACs. Selecting a MAC will limit your report to only the Final LCDs associated with the selected MAC. After selecting a MAC name, you have the option to further limit the report to one or more contractor numbers. By default, all MACs are included in the report.
Choose from a list of LCD statuses -- Active, Retired or Future Effective. By default, all statuses are included in the report. Please note the MCD only includes retired documents for less than one year. For documents retired beyond one year, visit the MCD Archive.
Sorting Your Report
You can sort your report by using the Sort By feature in the upper right. Changing the sort will immediately update your report.
You can open a document by selecting the link in the ID column.
Adding Documents to the Basket
You can add documents to the basket by selecting the basket icon associated with the document of interest. Adding documents to the basket will allow you to reference the documents at a later time. Selecting the basket icon in the table's header row will add all the documents in the table to the basket. However, this feature is disabled if there are more than 50 documents in the table.
To see the items in your basket, select the basket icon in the navbar.
Printing a Document to PDF
There are multiple ways to create a PDF of a document that you are currently viewing. You can use your browser's Print function (Ctrl-P on a PC or Command-P on a Mac) to view a print preview and then select PDF as the output. Another option is to use the Download button at the top right of the document view pages (for certain document types).
At the bottom of the report, you will find additional helpful features:
- Report Run Date: The date you ran the report
- Selected Criteria: This is the criteria used to run the report
- Submit Feedback/Ask a Question: Use this feature to contact CMS
- Download to Excel: Use this feature to download all of the report data to an Excel file