Use this report to view contact information for the Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs). MACs process medical claims for Medicare as well as publish Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) and Local Coverage Articles.
Learn more about the various document types found in the MCD
Learn more about the MACs
Getting to know the Report
This report displays contact information and other pertinent information for the MACs. By default, all MACs are included, but you can filter on the MAC contract type or on the state covered by the MAC.
The columns in this report include:
- Contractor: The name, mailing address, contact phone number and website address of the MAC
- Contract Number: The contract number, type and jurisdiction of the MAC
- Medical Director: The name and title of the medical director for the MAC
- State(s) Covered: The state(s) covered by the MAC
Filtering Your Report
You can filter your report by using the two criteria in the upper left. Changing the filters will immediately update your report. Use the filters to narrow down the list to find the MAC you are interested in.
Choose from a list of MAC contract types. By default, the report includes all MAC contract types, but you can change the filter to include one or more specific types.
- DME MAC: for questions regarding durable medical equipment
- HHH MAC: for questions regarding home health and hospice
- MAC - Part A: for questions regarding Medicare Part A (i.e., inpatient services)
- MAC - Part B: for questions regarding Medicare Part B (i.e., outpatient services)
Choose a state based on where the service was performed. The report will only include MACs that covered the selected state. By default, MACs for all states are included in the report, but you can change the filter to include one or more specific states.
Sorting Your Report
You can sort your report by using the Sort By feature in the upper right. Changing the sort will immediately update your report.
Printing a Document to PDF
There are multiple ways to create a PDF of a document that you are currently viewing. You can use your browser's Print function (Ctrl-P on a PC or Command-P on a Mac) to view a print preview and then select PDF as the output. Another option is to use the Download button at the top right of the document view pages (for certain document types).
At the bottom of the report, you will find additional helpful features:
- Report Run Date: The date you ran the report
- Selected Criteria: This is the criteria used to run the report
- Submit Feedback/Ask a Question: Use this feature to contact CMS
- Download to Excel: Use this feature to download all of the report data to an Excel file