The MCD Search Results page contains the results of your search. The page contains multiple sections.
Search Results Table
This table contains the documents that match your search criteria. Click on any row to open that document.
The ID column is important. You can use this ID to reference or find the document again in the future.
The Type column indicates what type of document is listed. Learn more about the various document types found in the MCD
Use the basket to add documents to your MCD basket. Once documents are added to your basket, you can email the basket to yourself or someone else. This is a convenient way to save your documents for reference later. Please note that the basket will automatically empty itself after one hour of non-activity.
Use the filter bar to narrow down your results by using the filter buttons. If you had performed a search using a keyword, you can also change that keyword here.
Selecting any button will display the filter criteria.
This section contains information about your search including the See Also section which provides important notes that you may find helpful.
At the top right, you will find additional features:
- Sort by: Sort your results.
- New search: Return to the Search page to start a new search.
- Copy this search: Copy the URL for your current search into the clipboard. You can use the URL in the future as a shortcut to your current search. You can also use your browser to bookmark the page to save your current search.
At the bottom right, you will find the ability to download your search results into an Excel file.
Within the state dropdown list, you can also select to narrow your search by CMS Region. The CMS Regions are broken out by state as follows:
- CMS Region 1: CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT
- CMS Region 2: NJ, NY, Puerto Rico (PR), Virgin Islands (VI)
- CMS Region 3: DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, WV
- CMS Region 4: AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN
- CMS Region 5: IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI
- CMS Region 6: AR, LA, NM, OK, TX
- CMS Region 7: IA, KS, MO, NE
- CMS Region 8: CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY
- CMS Region 9: AZ, CA, HI, NV, American Samoa (AS), Guam (GU), Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
- CMS Region 10: AK, ID, OR, WA
Partial State Selections
Both California and New York support partial state selections. The state selections for California include "California - Entire State", "California - Northern" and "California - Southern" and New York include "New York - Entire State", "New York - Downstate", "New York - Queens", "New York - Upstate".
When searching documents for California and New York, your results may include documents that are not relevant for your location. For example, if your location of service was in Southern California, your results may include documents that are associated only with "California - Northern", which may not be relevant. When viewing Articles and LCDs for California and New York, please review the geographic information for that document and confirm that the document is relevant for your location of service.
If you prefer the functionality available on the Search Results page, you can perform a search using a blank keyword and then bookmark the resulting page. This bookmark will allow you to shortcut to the results page to start a new search.