PC Currently Accepting Comments
This page serves as the designated site for CMS to solicit public comments on proposed quality measures.
Instructions for Providing Comments:
- If you are providing comments on behalf of an organization, include the organization’s name and your contact information
- If you are commenting as an individual, submit identifying or contact information
- Please indicate which measure(s) you are commenting on
- You may submit general comments on the entire set of measures or you may provide comments specific to individual measures
- Do not include personal health information in your comments. Your comments may be shared publicly.
List of Currently Accepting Comments:
Project Title: Patient Safety Measure Development and Maintenance
The Call for Public Comment period opens on June 18, 2021 and closes on August 02, 2021.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has contracted with IMPAQ International, LLC to develop and maintain patient safety measures of hospital harm. The contract name is Measure & Instrument Development and Support (MIDS) Patient Safety Measure Development and Maintenance. The contract number is 75FCMC18D0027.
Inpatient falls are among the most common incidents reported in hospitals and can increase length of stay and patient costs. Due to the potential for serious harm associated with patient falls, “patient death or serious injury associated with a fall while being cared for in a health care setting” is considered a Serious Reportable Event by the National Quality Forum. As part of its measure development process, IMPAQ requests interested parties to submit comments on the candidate measure, an outcome electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) titled, Hospital Harm – Falls with Major Injury, that may be suitable for this project.
Documents and Measures for Comment:
You may access each document in the list by clicking its title:
- MIDS-Info-FallsMajorInjury-508 (PDF)
- MIDS-Just-FallsMajorInjury-508 (PDF)
- HH-Falls-With-Major-Injury-508 (PDF)
Please click on this link to provide comments: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TZW7CCF