Thursday, July 1, 2021
CMS published 2021 Alternative Payment Model (APM) Incentive Payment details on the Quality Payment Program (QPP) website; eligible clinicians and surrogates can log in to see what we paid by your National Provider Identifier and organization. Read 2021 Learning Resources for Qualifying APM Participant (QP) Status and APM Incentive Payment to learn more.
An Office of Inspector General (OIG) report found that CMS improperly paid suppliers for inhalation drugs. Review the Provider Compliance Tips for Nebulizers and Related Drugs (PDF) fact sheet to help you bill correctly. Additional resources:
- Medicare Benefit Policy Manual, Chapter 15 (PDF), Sections 110, 110.1, 110.3
- Medicare Program Integrity Manual, Chapter 5 (PDF), Sections 5.2, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9
- 2018 Medicare Fee-for-Service Supplemental Improper Payment Data (PDF)
- National Coverage Determination for Durable Medical Equipment Reference List (280.1) webpage
- Liberty Medical, LLC, Received Unallowable Medicare Payments for Inhalation Drugs OIG Report, August 2018
Wednesday, July 7 from 1- 2 pm ET
Learn about the Organ Procurement Organization (OPO) Conditions for Coverage (CfC) final rule that went into effect on March 30. CMS revised the CfCs to increase:
- Donation and transplant rates by replacing outcome measures with new transparent, reliable, and objective ones
- Competition for open donation service areas
CMS experts will also address trending questions. We encourage you to send your questions as a part of the registration process.
Read updated information in this Medicare Learning Network educational tool:
- Copayment/coinsurance and deductible
- Health disparities
Review the presentation (PDF) from the May 27 Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) Quality Reporting Program (QRP): Achieving a Full Annual Payment Update (APU) webinar. For more information see the LTCH QRP Training webpage.
This newsletter is current as of the issue date. View the complete disclaimer.
The Medicare Learning Network®, MLN Connects®, and MLN Matters® are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).